Monday, December 10, 2007

Christina Aguilera Strips Pregnant for Marie Claire



NEW YORK - Christina Aguilera has stripped down to bare her pregnant body for the January 2008 issue of Marie Claire magazine.
The pop singer, who waited months before finally confirming her baby news in early November, spoke to the magazine about why she kept her news private for so long.
“Because I hadn’t said anything, people thought I was trying to keep it this big, bad secret, and that’s not the case at all,” Aguilera told Marie Claire. “I just wasn’t commenting. I’m not being like, ‘Hey, everybody, I’m pregnant!‘ I’m not that girl.”

Aguilera told the magazine she was planning to try for a baby with husband, record executive Jordan Bratman, after her “Back To Basics” concert trek, but she got pregnant quicker than she expected.
“We were planning on starting to try after the tour. And so, I had gone off the Pill to prepare my body, because I didn’t know how much time it would take. You’ve heard it takes some time — except with Power Egg and Super Sperm here,” she laughed. “I’m like, ‘Oh, my God, can you believe it just happened?’”
The singer reckons she conceived during a stop in Georgetown.
As a result of the intricate contraptions that were part of her stage set up on tour, Aguilera said she had to take extra precautions once she learned she was expecting, including wearing a heart monitor.





Aguilera figures she got pregnant when Bratman was visiting her in Georgetown, during the U.S. leg of her 'Back to Basics' tour... Only problem was she still had a month left on an eight-month world tour where she changes costumes at least 10 times during the show, hangs from a circus pinwheel, rides a carousel horse, plays a dominatrix, and wears major heels throughout:
"I was paranoid. There are so many things that could go wrong -- somebody could slip, somebody could fall, I could fall. There was no way in hell I was going to jeopardize my baby for my show." So she wore a well-concealed heart monitor. She didn't want to broadcast the news. "I didn't want to make the audience uncomfortable, like, 'Pregnant lady onstage! Is she going to be OK?' But I had to announce it to my band and my dancers, because I wanted to make sure they had my back."

Aguilera talks about her simple decision not to announce her pregnancy. Somehow it figures that the criminally uncircumspect Paris Hilton would be the one to spill the beans, at an MTV Video Music Awards party. [When asked] if Hilton's faux pas angered her, she shrugs it off. "Because I hadn't said anything, people thought I was trying to keep it this big, bad secret, and that's not the case at all. I just wasn't commenting. I'm not being like, 'Hey, everybody, I'm pregnant!' I'm not that girl."
Aguilera says she likes the idea of a big family, although she doesn't have a set number of kids in mind... But the domestication of Christina Aguilera is likely to be complicated. What will it mean for someone who has treated her confrontational sexuality as both a rallying cry and a right?

"We're so labeled. If you're too sexual, you're slutty. If you're not sexual enough, you're a prude. I like to put it out there as a topic of conversation. Why does it bother you? What's your problem with it? Am I really hurting you? Let's get to the root of it. I have more than one side of me that likes to get out on a stage and sing. Sometimes I want to be aggressive, sometimes I want to feel empowered in my sexuality and my vulnerability. I want to put all that out there."

NOTE: The full "Sexy Mama" article is not being released prior to the magazine hitting the newsstands, but JPGs of the January 2008 Marie Claire cover and an inside image are available upon request. Images may be used, provided the Marie Claire logo is published as it appears and photos are not altered in any way. Marie Claire reserves the right to legally pursue users who alter these images.


No comments: